Suffolk MP facing sex assault charges given trial date-OxBig News Network

Advertise with OxBig News Network – WhatsApp Now +919501762829 

An MP accused of sexually assaulting two women at a private members’ club in London must wait nearly a year before going on trial.

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich MP Patrick Spencer, 37, has been accused of assaults on two women at The Groucho Club in Soho on the same day in August 2023 – before he was elected.

He entered not guilty pleas during a pre-trial hearing at Southwark Crown Court on Monday.

Judge Tony Baumgartner said a trial, expected to last about a week, would start on 13 July 2026. Mr Spencer, from Suffolk, was granted unconditional bail.

A prosecution lawyer had outlined some detail about the allegations against Mr Spencer at an earlier magistrates’ court hearing.

Barrister Polly Dyer said the alleged offences happened on 12 August 2023 at The Groucho Club.

The court heard a complaint was made to the club and the matter was reported to police.

Mr Spencer was interviewed by officers earlier this year.

#Suffolk #facing #sex #assault #charges #trial #date

latest news today, news today, breaking news, latest news today, english news, internet news, top news, oxbig, oxbig news, oxbig news network, oxbig news today, news by oxbig, oxbig media, oxbig network, oxbig news media

HINDI NEWS

News Source

spot_img

Related News

More News

More like this
Related