Trump seriously considering Iran’s offer of indirect nuclear negotiations: Report

The White House is seriously considering Iran’s proposal for indirect nuclear talks, while significantly increasing US forces in the Middle East in case President Donald Trump chooses to conduct military strikes, Axios reported on Wednesday, citing sources.

The White House is seriously considering Iran’s proposal for indirect nuclear talks while significantly increasing US forces in the Middle East in case President Donald Trump chooses to conduct military strikes, Axios reported on Wednesday, citing sources.

The White House is seriously weighing Iran’s proposal for indirect nuclear talks while ramping up US military presence in the Middle East, preparing for potential strikes under President Donald Trump, Axios reported on Wednesday, citing sources.

According to Axios, the Trump administration believes direct talks would be more effective but remains open to Iran’s proposed format and has no objections to Oman acting as a mediator.

ALSO READ: Russia warns of ‘catastrophic’ consequences if US strikes Iran

Last week, Trump threatened that Iran would be bombed if it persists in developing nuclear weapons. “If they don’t make a deal, there will be bombing,” Trump told NBC News in an interview. He also warned Iran of potential “secondary tariffs.”

On Sunday, Iran’s president rejected direct negotiations with the United States over its rapidly advancing nuclear program, offering Tehran’s first response to a letter that US President Donald Trump sent to the country’s supreme leader. “We don’t avoid talks; it’s the breach of promises that has caused issues for us so far,” Pezeshkian said in televised remarks during a Cabinet meeting. “They must prove that they can build trust.”

Pezeshkian said that Iran’s response, delivered via the Sultanate of Oman, left open the possibility of indirect negotiations with Washington. The US State Department, responding to Pezeshkian, said that “President Trump has been clear: the United States cannot allow Iran to acquire a nuclear weapon.” “The president expressed his willingness to discuss a deal with Iran,” it added. “If the Iranian regime does not want a deal, the president is clear, he will pursue other options, which will be very bad for Iran.”

(With input from Associated Press)

Published By:

Satyam Singh

Published On:

Apr 2, 2025

#Trump #Irans #offer #indirect #nuclear #negotiations #Report

iran nuclear talks, white house, donald trump, us military, middle east, indirect negotiations, oman mediator, nuclear weapons, trump threats, tehran response

latest news today, news today, breaking news, latest news today, english news, internet news, top news, oxbig, oxbig news, oxbig news network, oxbig news today, news by oxbig, oxbig media, oxbig network, oxbig news media

HINDI NEWS

News Source

Related News

More News

More like this
Related